This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Field House Cottage is a self-catering holiday cottage situated in a scenic, rural countryside location at The Roaches in the Staffordshire Peak District. The property is 1 mile from the hamlet of Upper Hulme, 4 miles from Leek and 10 miles from Buxton.
The cottage is situated half mile off Roach Road down a single gravel farm track with passing places. There is a cattle grid and five bar gate.
Field House Cottage sleeps 4-6 people and has 2 bedrooms, both upstairs. There is a double sofa bed in the sitting room on the ground floor.
The property is a semi-detached stone barn originally built in 1650. It has been fully refurbished to provide everything you need to relax and enjoy your holiday.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance, please phone 01538 300634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full details about Field House Cottage, including photos and a location map, are included on the website at fhcottagepeakdistrict.co.uk.
- Bookings can be made by phone or email.
- Guests are provided with directions in advance of their stay.
- The nearest bus stop is at Blackshaw Moor, approximately 2 miles from the cottage. More information on buses can be found at firstgroup.com/ukbus/staffordshire_cheshire/.
- The nearest train station is Buxton, 10 miles away. More information on trains can be found at nationalrail.co.uk/stations/bux/details.html. There are accessible taxis at the station.
- If you require this information, directions or other details in a different format, please email us.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Parking is available for 3 cars on the gravel area to the front of the cottage.
- The parking area is about 10 metres away from the front door and is sloping and uneven in places.
- There is an outside light to the front of the cottage illuminating the car parking area and entrance at night.
- The cottage will be available from 3pm on the day of arrival.
- We will be on-site to welcome you on arrival, provide keys and show you around the property.
Entrance to Property
- There are 3 steps to the front door (250mm high x 695mm deep x 835mm wide; 150mm high x 675mm deep x 815mm wide; 180mm high x 175mm deep x 915mm wide) plus door threshold (40mm high x 130mm deep). The front door is 800cm wide, hinged on the right. There is no level access available to the cottage.
- The entrance is lit by an outside light, controlled by a switch on the inside wall by the front door.
- The front door opens into the kitchen/dining room. Keyhole lock height is 1000mm.
- The floor covering inside the entrance is tiled.
Stairs and Landings
- The stairs and landings are well lit with ceiling lights.
- The passageway to the stairs and landings are 850mm wide.
- The staircase to the first floor has 1 step (150mm high) to an intermediate landing. There are then 12 steps (195mm high, 250mm deep, 780mm wide) to the right with a bannister and handrail on one side.
- The floor covering is short pile carpet.
- The sitting room is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the kitchen/dining room.
- The door opening to the sitting room is 720mm wide.
- The room has two sofas with non-feather cushions. One of the sofas converts to a double sofa bed.
- Furniture can be moved but please note the sofa bed is heavy.
- There is a television with DVD player, remote control and subtitles/audio description.
- There is also a radio with iPod dock.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night, wall lights plus a floor lamp.
- Flooring is wood with a rug.
- The dining area is situated in the kitchen.
- The dining table is moveable with legs on each corner, 640mm under space from the floor to the lowest point of the table and 1180mm long by 740mm wide.
- Chairs are all moveable - 4 with padded seats that have no arms and 2 foldable chairs with no arms.
- Lighting is with ceiling light and ceiling spotlights.
- Flooring is tiled.
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor accessed by the front door.
- The oven is 1860mm from the floor. The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 700mm above the floor. The hob is 915mm above the floor.
- The worktop and sink with mixer lever tap are 910mm above the floor. The microwave is on the worktop plus cordless rotating 360 kettle and toaster.
- Fridge is under counter with highest shelf at 600mm and lowest drawer at 270mm.
- The dining area is within kitchen.
- Glasses can be moved from the wall cupboards to lower cupboards if required. Please request this when booking.
- The kitchen is lit with ceiling spotlights.
- Flooring is tiled.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There is 1 bedroom with zip and link super king or twin bed and 1 bedroom with twin beds. Both bedrooms are reached by stairs only.
- Door openings are 700mm wide.
- There is also a double sofa bed in the ground floor sitting room.
- The height of the zip and link bed from the top of the mattress to the floor is 650mm and the space next to the beds is 350mm. Under the bed are built-in drawers.
- The height of the twin beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 550mm with a clear space of 255mm underneath.
- Both bedrooms have drawers which are moveable and one has a built-in wardrobe.
- Lighting is natural daylight via windows and roof windows and at night, ceiling lights and bedside lamps.
- Both bedrooms have short pile carpet and non-feather bedding.
- There is level access from the upstairs landing and two bedrooms to the bathroom.
- Door opening is 700mm wide.
- The toilet is 400mm high.
- The wash basin is 875mm high with no pedestal.
- The bath is 535mm high with an over-bath shower.
- There are lever taps on both washbasin and bath.
- Lighting is natural daylight via roof window plus ceiling light.
- Flooring is non-slip vinyl covering.
- The utility room is accessed via one step down from the front door and another step up to the utility room door.
- The door opening is 750mm wide.
- There is a large sink with wall mounted taps.
- There is a standard size washing machine and drier. Both are front loading.
- The room is lit by a ceiling light.
- Flooring is concrete.
- The cottage has two paved patio areas.
- The front patio can be accessed from the front door by two steps. A table and chairs are available on the patio.
- The back patio can be accessed from the rear door which is 750mm wide with a 100mm high threshold. This patio has 3 levels with two steps. There is a picnic table and a barbeque is available.
- A gravel alleyway (925mm wide) leads from the back patio to the front of the cottage.
- You are also welcome to use our garden which includes a seasonal lake, island, pond and areas ideal for picnics. The garden is undulating with uneven surfaces and rocks. Please note there is open water (unfenced pond and lake) and a dam, so children need to be supervised at all times in the garden.
- While we do not accept pets at Field House Cottage, trained assistance dogs are welcome.
- All areas in the cottage have good colour contrast between floors and walls/doors.
- Heating is provided by oil central heating throughout with radiators in each room and a heated towel rail in the bathroom.
- Smoke and heat alarms plus fire extinguishers and fire blanket are fitted in the cottage
- The property is no smoking throughout, although smoking is permitted on the patios outside.
- WiFi is provided in the cottage but can be weak in places due to the very old thick walls.
- Mobile reception can be poor.
- Nearest public phone is in Upper Hulme (1 mile away). We are happy to make emergency calls or phone taxis.
- The nearest doctor's surgery and minor injuries hospital is 4 miles away in Leek. Nearest A&E is 17 miles away in Macclesfield. Further details are in the information pack in the cottage.
- There is also information on nearby attractions and details of their access statements, where available.
- Emergency procedures are included in the information folder.
- Information folder in the cottage is produced in size 12 font.
- We are planning to add new features, such as a virtual tour, to our website soon to make it more accessible.
- We will review our property through feedback from our guests and make any changes accordingly.
- We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve.
Field House Cottage, Upper Hulme, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 8TZ
SK 01167 61560
Hours of Operation:
Local Accessible Taxi:
Leek: Teletaxis - 01538 713209
Buxton: Allied Taxis - 01298 72123
Local Public Transport: