Field House Cottage details
Originally dating back to 1650, Field House Cottage has been refurbished to provide all you need to relax and enjoy your Peak District holiday. Its rural setting is idyllic, nestled next to the rocky crags of Hen Cloud and The Roaches, with direct access to this beautiful area of the National Park.
The holiday cottage
The cottage, which sleeps up to 4-6 people, is fully furnished and equipped to a high standard.
- Kitchen / dining room with access to two patio areas - perfect for barbeques. Fitted with oven, hob, fridge and dishwasher plus microwave, kettle, toaster.
- Separate comfortable sitting room with views across the garden. Equipped with TV/DVD, radio/iPod dock and a selection of books and games.
- Two upstairs bedrooms, one with a flexible zip and link super king / twin bed arrangement; the second a twin bedroom. A cot can be provided on request. Additional sofa bed in the sitting room.
- Upstairs bathroom with combined bath / shower.
- Barbeque, freezer and storage for bikes and climing gear.
- Ample off-road parking next to the cottage.
Heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and WiFi are included.
Please note this is a no smoking property.
** Rest assured, we are taking extra steps to protect guests and clean then sanitise the property in-line with Visit England’s ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard. **
Field House Cottage is attached to our own home and you're welcome to use our large garden which includes a seasonal lake, island, pond and areas ideal for picnics. For nature lovers, there's an abundance of wildlife. Please note: with open water, a dam and rocks in the garden, children need to be supervised at all times.
We have a dog, cats and chickens but with animals on-site, we're unable to accept pets at Field House Cottage.
The cottage is situated in a secluded spot half mile off the public road down an unmade single farm track with passing places (unsuitable for low slung vehicles). After wet or wintry weather it can be a bit of a bumpy ride so care should be taken driving down it.