Field House Cottage details
Originally dating back to 1650, Field House Cottage has been refurbished to provide all you need to relax and enjoy your Peak District holiday. Its rural setting is idyllic, nestled next to the rocky crags of Hen Cloud and The Roaches, with direct access to this beautiful area of the National Park.
The holiday cottage
This traditional stone building was formerly a barn, known as a 'fieldhouse', before being converted into comfortable living accommodation.
Fully furnished and equipped to a high standard, the cottage sleeps up to 4-6 people and features:
- Kitchen / dining room with access to two patio areas - perfect for barbeques. Fitted with oven, hob, fridge and dishwasher plus microwave, kettle, toaster. High chair also available.
- Separate comfortable living room with views across the garden. Equipped with Smart TV, radio / iPod dock and a selection of books and games.
- Two upstairs bedrooms, one with a flexible zip and link super king / twin bed arrangement; the second is a twin bedroom. A cot can be provided on request. Additional sofa bed in the living room.
- Upstairs bathroom with combined bath / shower.
- Barbeque, freezer and storage for bikes and climbing gear.
- Washing machine and dryer (in shared utility room).
- Off-road parking for up to 3 cars next to the cottage.
Heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and WiFi are included.
Check-in is 4pm and check-out is 10am.
Please note this is a no smoking property.
Field House Cottage is attached to our own home and you're welcome to use our large garden which includes a seasonal lake, island, pond and areas ideal for picnics. For nature lovers, there's an abundance of wildlife. Please note: with open water, a dam and rocks in the garden plus a raised patio, children need to be supervised at all times.
We have a dog, cat, chickens and ducks but with animals on-site, we're unable to accept pets at Field House Cottage. Our cat lives in the shared utility room so the property may not be suitable for those with pet allergies.
The cottage is situated in a secluded spot half mile off the public road down an unmade single farm track with passing places (unsuitable for low slung vehicles). After wet or wintry weather it can be a bit of a bumpy ride so care should be taken driving down it.